PERSONALIZED READING RECOMMENDATIONS
WHAT IS A PERSONALIZED READING RECOMMENDATION?
Based on your responses in the form on this page, a librarian will compile a list of materials they think you will like.
- If you are looking for materials for a child or friend, it works the same way. Just fill out our form and within a day or two we will send you recommendations and hopefully have some options available for you to check out.
WHAT DOES THE LIBRARIAN NEED TO MAKE AMAZING RECOMMENDATIONS?
- A brief description of what you enjoy and what you do not.
- If you want something with lots of cheesy romance, let us know.
- If you really hate books with talking animals, let us know.
- If you have a favorite author but have read everything they have written, let us know you are looking for something similar until that favorite author publishes something new.
- The more you tell us, the better our recommendations can be.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HIT SUBMIT?
- When you hit submit, your form is sent to a librarian who will take a little bit of time to pull together the best list of suggestions possible.
- If you just want a list of suggestions, you will receive an email within a couple days containing titles the librarian thinks you will enjoy.
- If you want us to place holds on items for you, you will still receive an email within a couple days with a list, but you will also be notified when items on that list are available for you to pick up.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Reference Desk at 801-852-6661.